Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Genies

About two weeks ago I was contacted by Jimi Yates, the Keyboardist/BGV for the Genies saying he'd seen my work online and that he would like to meet up with me to discuss the possibility of me photographing his band. How could I refuse, so met up with him on the Saturday & then the rest of the band on the Wednesday... anyway to cut things short I attended their first gig in London last night. It was at Barfly in Camden; great little venue just down the road from Chalk Farm Tube station. Considering it was their first gig together (The Genies have been around for a while but have some new members) they were pretty tight and the music is catchy. I have a feeling these guys are going to go very far; VERY quickly.
You can hear a couple of their songs on their Facebook Page
And see more photos from the gig on Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment